Why We Love This Square Outdoor Dining Table
- The simple design is perfect for metal, rattan, upholstered or wooden outdoor chairs.
- Seats 8 people comfortably
- The beautiful wood design adds texture and warmth to your outdoor space.
- Durable cedar top
- easy to build
- Heavy and sturdy – won’t blow away in normal winds.
- It is the best when I match it with a large umbrella
How I made a square outdoor dining table for 8 people
The plan for this table is below, but I would also like to share some photos of the building steps.
I used pocket holes to attach the apron to the legs. I used 4×4 lumber for the legs and 2×4 lumber for the apron.
Easy to assemble – just assemble two sets of legs –
Then add the rest of the apron to create the table frame.
Added an inner 2×4 support to support the cedar fence pickets. This makes the table very full.
Here is the umbrella frame I made.
Then just cut out the top with a jigsaw.
If you lay a long board on the top and cut it all at once, the cut ends will have a clean line.
This table just got a whole lot better! Can’t wait to see your boastful post!
Square outdoor dining table for 8 plans
Here’s the plan: I expect many builds to be made from it.