Do you have a favorite room on the Internet? If so, have you ever wanted to replicate it? a bit, does your home feel the same way you feel when you look at that picture? I think we design enthusiasts all suffer a little from design envy. We are surrounded by impeccably styled rooms every day that can inspire us, but at other times leave us a little disappointed. I definitely asked myself. or?” Too many times to count, which of course is amazing for my mental health :). If you’ve ever felt that way, you know you’re not alone.
If you’ve been following Emily for a while, you’ve quickly noticed the living room above. It’s the living room in Emily’s Glendale home, and it’s one of those spaces that’s as eclectic and fun as it is warm, serene, and inviting. is not difficult. So today’s post is for people who have ever wanted to shop directly from this room, but are on a tight budget. , you can essentially replicate this exact room. Ready to see what’s inside?
Before getting into the shopping part of this post, I think it’s important to analyze what makes this living room so successful. In addition, it has a bright and warm base. Additionally, with this large natural rustic stone fireplace being the focal point, the space can easily become overwhelmed or cluttered with brightly patterned furniture. There are variations of (but not boring, as they all have special details). Light-toned furnishings provide plenty of room for layering colors and patterns.
This living room is one of the best examples of combining different styles by sticking to a consistent and cohesive color palette. The colors come in grey, blue, navy, white, and wood, with hints of light-toned pink and even accents of green and light coral. A bright pink pillow might look out of place, but a bright, muted pink blends in effortlessly. Colors and patterns can be layered with pillows and throws. While talking about sofa styling, always remember to combine different sizes, shapes, textures, patterns, and styles (in the same color palette).
Also, you may have noticed that the furniture styles are completely different. The sofa leans against her MCM, the vintage chairs are more bohemian, the coffee her table is rustic, and there’s even a modern side her table. As I said above, the key is that they’re all neutral, attractive, and within her palette of colors, so they don’t clash with each other. Instead, a mix of styles brings visual interest and personality to the space.
All these elements are supported by gorgeous natural light, resulting in a room that is very inviting, warm and familiar.
Ready to get the look?
1. Oliver 2 Piece Chaise Sectional: This is a great, affordable, and comfortable 2-piece chaise sectional with a width of 79 inches.If you’re looking for something a little bigger, we love it too This one (It’s 112 inches wide).Original if budget allows Berland Sectional Emily used is still available!
2. Handmade Studio Leather Dorothea Modern Leather Rug: This textured hide rug with scalloped detailing looks almost identical to the original one used by Emily and comes in a variety of sizes (up to 8ft x 10ft).
3. Midcentury Modern Walnut Dining Chair: This wood and gray dining chair is the perfect accent for a small space.
Four. live edge coffee table: A live edge coffee table brings movement and warmth to a space, especially when paired with straight mid-century modern lines.
Five. moroccan pouf: This classic Moroccan pouf instantly adds a bohemian flair.
6. Fake Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant Pot: The fiddle leaf plant brings life and movement to the room.
7. Bianca Stripe Seagrass Tote Basket: I love putting potted plants in woven baskets to add warmth and texture.
8. Marla vegan leather armchair: Emily’s vintage safari chair is obviously great, but this vegan leather armchair is a great alternative (also available in black).
9. marble pedestal end table: This black and marble side table brings just the right amount of modern flair.
Ten. Grady 6 – drawer dresser: Adding a dresser to your living space can provide additional storage space and create a very relaxed and cozy atmosphere.
1. Cozy Teddy Faux Fur Oversized Pillowcase: This 30″ x 30″ bouclé pillow cover looks great with a gray sectional sofa.
2. Blue and Ivory Geometric Indoor Outdoor Throw Pillow: This blue patterned pillow can be used indoors and outdoors.
3. Global Tufted Throw Blanket with Tassel: This is a nice, large (60″ x 80″), affordable blanket that feels great in your hand.
Four. Yucatan Terracotta Stripe Euro Siamese: I love how Emily added so much color to this room with her cushions. This white and coral siamese has a very pretty pattern, with a soft orange hue that blends beautifully with the blues, greens and pinks throughout the space.
Five. vintage airship aircraft illustration digital art: Emily’s airship art is an iconic piece that works in so many styles. If you’re into vintage drawing style art, this is a really cool one, but be aware that it’s a digital print so you’ll need to print it 🙂
6. custom frame: Once your art is printed, it needs to be framed.we love frame bridge for their quality and service.
7. wood coat hook: Also perfect for hanging things like china bells, these wooden coat hooks bring a warm MCM flair to any space.
8. striped ceramic bell: We are fans of MQuan forever ceramic bell But if you’re on a budget, these are great.
9. pettini vase: A very cute vase that adds texture, movement and color to your space.
Ten. Euro Woven Stripe Decoration Throw Pillow blue: Good quality pillow for the price and I love the grid pattern.
11. Sage Green Colorblock Pillow Cover: Handmade body pillow cover with calm sage green color block.
12. pink pillow cover: To complement the other pink colors in the space, this pillowcase is your man.
13. Angeleta Woven Throw Blanket: A sturdy and affordable throw blanket that matches a variety of styles.
14. onslaught tray: A woven tray brings warmth and a bohemian touch to the space. If desired, it can be placed on the floor next to the chair (as Em did) to provide a place for additional magazines and books.
1. albatross sakkara pillow cover: This playful patterned pillowcase is available in a wide range of sizes so you can tailor it to your specific needs.
2. ivory and gray grid pillowcase: Mixing pattern scales is essential to styling your sofa like a pro. I love this grid pattern that goes so well with smaller patterns.
3. knit throw blanket: This throw blanket will add a nice blue accent to your sofa or chair.
Four. Solid Cotton Fringed Throw Pillow: I love that the plain pillows have fringes on the edges for added texture and style.
Five. Oversized Cotton Striped Square Throw Pillow: Classic striped pillows look great in any room.
6. ceramic candelabra: This totem candle holder is well made for the price and I love the off-white speckled detail.
7. Blythe Mid-Century Ivory Ceramic Table Lamp: We love the wood accents on this mid-century inspired lamp.
8. Turquoise Speckled Round Pottery Bowl: A unique turquoise ceramic bowl that looks great on any shelf.
9. handmade Japanese rice bowl: How great is this handmade Japanese style bowl? And you can’t beat the price!
Ten. button fern: This fairly low-maintenance plant is pet-friendly and comes in this gorgeous turquoise pot.
11. bonnie gray pillow: It is very important to combine pillows of different sizes. This comes in different sizes and has a nice woven texture.
12. priya throw pillow: This is another neutral pillow.
13. Periwinkle Blue White Lumbar Throw Pillow Cover: I love the blue paint splatters on this body pillow cover.
14. Elsa Reversible Woven Stripe Chenille Square Throw Pillow: A cute pink pillow with a casually cute striped pattern.
15. Fake Bradford Pear Branch 50″: We’re a big proponent of going outdoors and looking for branches, but you can also purchase fake branches like this one if you want an easier route.
16. black terracotta vase: This vase is combined with other black accents in the room to tighten the space.
17. styled: WHAT A COFFEE TABLE WITHOUT THE GREAT DESIGN BOOK?
18. new design rules: One design book is never enough. Have you picked up Emily’s new book yet?
19. Suzanne Kasler Gourd Lamp: I like this lamp to complement other light blue tones in the room.
And you have it, folks. If you like this type of post, please let us know. If so, which room would you like to see next? xx
*Photo provider Tessa Neustadt