Handmade Mother’s Day gifts for all skill levels and budgets.
If you’re looking for a last minute gift for Mother’s Day, I have an idea… Instead of buying something, why not make your own? I don’t accept the cheap gift idea you’re thinking of right now. So, a DIY Mother’s Day gift that she will actually appreciate (and keep for a long time).
We’ve compiled a list of really cute DIY gifts for moms to suit every budget and skill level. If you’re thinking of making something, click here for some thoughtful (and cool) Mother’s Day gift ideas…
DIY Mother’s Day Gifts
Remember when Mother’s Day meant a (relatively ugly) hand-painted mug with the words ‘Best Mom in the World’ rolled up, or a flower card with tiny handprints on colorful construction paper? ? that’s right! And while those gifts may have been the worst when we were kids, there was a sweet feeling there – mom i made this for you. And that’s what I’d like to bring back this year…just not so ugly.
So, to take your handmade gifts even further and give your mom something she really wants, we’ve put together a list of handmade Mother’s Day gifts that we’re sure will be a hit this year.
Whether you’re looking for a unique gift for the cook, a new beach tote, or a simple card and DIY bouquet gift, we have lots of thoughtful DIY ideas that don’t sacrifice style.
1. Once you know your mom’s favorite scent, why not make a candle or two? Here’s a quick tutorial on how to make soy candles. And the best part is that you can use any container you like. So, a way to further customize your gift for mom. I used pottery that was handmade in a local pottery workshop.
2. DIY and customize summer accessories like bandanas, water bottles, and shoes. I used Cricut to create a custom pattern on a store-bought item, and I think it turned out pretty cute.
3. These photo transfer doll It would make a very cute Mother’s Day gift. From the house that Lars built.
4. Planning to make a bouquet for your mom this year? Check out these flower arrangement ideas and 8 tips for arranging flowers straight from the florist.
5. I love these sculpture planter From the DIY fall – for all plant moms. I would be happy if someone made this for Mother’s Day.
6. make Vase out of a plastic bottle for mom? That’s it! I say that because they look great. Do not you think so? Never knew this was once a plastic bottle. This project is by Geneva Vanderzeil of Collective Gen.
7. I really liked the idea of making these DIY sewn leather pouches as a gift for Mother’s Day because they are so functional and so cute. It can also be painted or dyed for a more custom look.
8. If your mom would make a DIY statement necklace like this, I’d love to meet her. If the hand design is a bit complicated, you can always change the shape while keeping the technique the same.
9. Who can’t afford a little stay-at-home spa day once in a while? DIY these rose petal bath salts and put them in a cute jar to use on a festive day.
10. You can’t go wrong with this gorgeous set of rough gemstone earrings Alice and Lois.
11. This DIY bathtub caddy cheerful thoughts It would be a lovely way to give mom a reason to take some time for herself.
12. The best DIY Mother’s Day gift could be as simple as painting a cool pattern on a glass vase. It’s pretty easy, but there’s a trick to make it even easier. Click to see what it means.
13. Do you have an art lover in your family?
14. These DIY trinket plates are perfect for small things like jewelry and keys. It’s very easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
15. Does your mom love the sun and the beach? Check out the raffia pom pom sandals. honestly, oh my god.
16. Cute Plasterboard sugar and cloth If she likes to entertain, it might catch her eye.
17. I love this DIY for moms who like to spend time in the kitchen. DIY finger crochet potholders – no tools required and very little time.
18. I would love to give this DIY statement tassel as a gift for any occasion. Can be used as luggage tags, purse accessories, door hangers, etc.
19. Yes, a 10-minute yarn bowl? With a good sewing machine, he can make an entire set of these bowls in less than an hour.
20. Maybe it’s just me, but I honestly love receiving fabrics (napkins, tea towels, etc.) as gifts. So I thought this bleached linen would make a cute Mother’s Day gift.
21. For the plant-loving mom out there, there’s a pastel set of DIY mini planters for succulents and cacti.
22. Another spa idea…these aromatherapy shower steamer tablets are going to be great! DIY is over Hello glow.
23. Learn how to make polymer earrings using some jewelry techniques. These are very popular tutorials over the years.
24. Create new artwork with these super simple DIY art hacks. Not the finger paint kind.
25. Herbal Bath Salts for Victory, Hello glow.
26. Is mom a hatter? Put her in a cool hat and dress her up with fresh flowers, like this DIY flower hat for summer.
27. If one card isn’t enough, here’s this Mother’s Day message email DIY idea.
28. DIY your own hand-stamped jewelry with inside jokes, nicknames and more.
29. Sew together DIY fabric cocktail napkins to up the hostess game.
30. Skip Target’s cards section and opt for handmade cards like this printable Mother’s Day card. almost perfect.
31. If you have a Cricut, here are some versatile Mother’s Day Cricut ideas.
32. This tutorial on how to make a DIY basket bag is perfect for vacation and beach-loving moms.
33. Make a DIY copper hair accessory to make your mom’s hair look super trendy.
34. Know a mom who loves to cook? This DIY cutting board would make a great gift. Some experience with power tools is required, but definitely a novice (or intermediate at best) project.
35. Fill a DIY concrete vase with her favorite flowers.
36. Instead of splurging on an expensive new handbag, why not make a custom folding clutch in her favorite color or pattern?
Which gift idea is your favorite from the list? Are you planning a DIY challenge for Mother’s Day this year?